Sunday, May 3, 2009

Catania and HDR

I am surely not the first person to be talking about Catania and/or about HDR. What’s wrong with this? Nothing.

HDR is a photography technique that consist in taking some pictures (>2) at different exposure level and elaborate them together in order to get only one picture. I guess you can learn more about HDR just clicking here.

The funny thing is that I have no patience for “studying” (A students in physics that hates to study?! Yeah, beside I am not as good as I wished in physics too, photography is fun for me at the moment, there is no way I can seriously “work” with this at the moment, so the idea to be “studying” something about photography is quite awful to me).

So I have just applied my technique of “chaotic learning”. I asked to a friend what I needed to get an HDR picture, and did some experiment.

First, almost an year ago:

cathe

CLICK ON THE PICTURE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT IT! ;D

Second, this summer:

passionflower

CLICK ON THE PICTURE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT IT! ;D

Yesterday I shot 3 pictures to 2 different parts of the same building and, here you are the steps of what I did:

centro-copy

lato-copy

I mixed up the first 3 pictures, tried to correct perspective and here you are the final results:

centrohdrvialexxsept39

Viale (”avenue”) XX Settembre #39. Catania.
Building named: “Palazzo Monaco” by engineer Luciano Nicolosi (1855-1947). Building in different styles.
I guess here you can notice part of the “Geometric frames” and the grating in decò-Empire style… forgive me, I am just a physics students trying to “translate” an old Italian book written in “artistic-architectural language” ;D

latohdrvialexxsept39

Viale (”avenue”) XX Settembre #39. Catania.
Building named: “Palazzo Monaco” by engineer Luciano Nicolosi (1855-1947). Building in different styles.
I guess here you can notice part of the “Geometric frames”, the grating in decò-Empire style and part of the caryatids and telamons (they human-looking sculpture) by Mario Moschetti.

Again…Please, forgive me, I am just a physics students trying to “translate” an old Italian book written in “artistic-architectural language” ;D

Be aware, monuments don’t look so colorful in reality, but neither as bad as in the first 3 pictures of each group. Those of you that can, COME TO SEE it is worth to do it! :D

Actually… I don’t love edited pictures, but I am liking the result in this case.

I don’t know the reason… probably it’s due to my inability to take pictures to monument or due to my desire to “go somewhere else for a little while”…but I see in it a good, probably funny too, way to look at Catania.

It’s just an experiment-project I started yesterday (I will give more detailed information soon). I wished I could take more pictures, but after lunch I felt pretty bad and I had to come back home, my legs can be pretty mean sometimes.

I’ve been talking enough.

Wish a wonderful Sunday to all of you! ;D

No comments: